Finance Manager - City, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B1
National Governance Association has an opportunity for a Finance Manager to join the team in Birmingham. You will work on a full time permanent basis and receive a competitive salary of £29,000 - £36,000 per annum.
The National Governance Association aims to represent all school governors and trustees in England; there are over 250,000 governors/trustees, one of the largest volunteer groups in the UK. We are an independent charity that aims to support and promote good governance in our schools; we do this through lobbying, via a range of contacts with ministers, policy makers and education organisations. We also run national conferences, and a number of regional events.
As our Finance Manager you will be responsible for the production, delivery and maintenance of monthly management accounts, finance accounts, cash flow, budgets, forecasting, analysis, financial reporting, pay and pensions and all associated processes and procedures.
Responsibilities of our Finance Manager include:
- Management of all NGA's bank accounts and investments
- Management of bank reconciliations
- Oversee credit control
- Responsibility for quarterly VAT returns and reconciliations
- Management of all finance processes
- Management of NGA's online shop
- Management of weekly payment runs including appropriate authorisations
- Management of third party suppliers for providing payroll and pension services
- Advise the Senior Leadership Team on any changes required to NGA's finance policies or processes
- Ensure all our financial procedures and processes are clearly documented, compliant with regulation and best practice, and are followed
- Lead on the development and monitoring of internal financial controls
- Safeguard processing of all designated areas of income (including month and year end processes) accurately, securely and in a timely manner
Essential skills and experience required to be our Finance Manager:
- Relevant professional accounting qualification
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a finance role
- Substantial experience of Sage accounting software packages
- Experience in providing effective and efficient financial management to an organisation (ideally of similar scope and size to NGA)
- Experience of preparing and presenting budgets and monthly management accounts and cash flow to a high standard
Benefits of becoming our Finance Manager:
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Pension at 6% on completion of probation (6 months)
Closing Date: Monday 4th March 2019 by 9:00 am
Interview Date: Wednesday 19th March 2019
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Finance Manager then please click 'apply' now. We'd love to hear from you.