Financial / Wealth Planner - Kent, United Kingdom,
An exciting new position has become available for a Financial/Wealth Planner to join an established client in either their Kent or London location.
This is a client-facing role, having responsibility for client wealth planning and advice, building relationships and supporting the client in engagement with Investment Managers.
This is an FCA regulated role (CF30), and the role holder is responsible for their compliance with regulatory and professional standards and for their ongoing technical competence and professional development.
- Actively acquire new clients, through referrals, and by pro-actively presenting services to potential clients such as lawyers and other professional advisers.
- Respond to new enquiry leads if generated by the firm, converting them to become new clients.
- Supports business plans, including the development of our wealth planning services, through input to the Wealth Planning team
- To maintain the highest standards of client care, professional conduct and regulatory compliance
- Ensure that clients for which the role holder is responsible are served and managed to the highest professional standards and in accordance with all relevant regulatory considerations.
- Ensure that clients receive an appropriate standard of service and communication.
- Client reviews, risk profile reviews and other client servicing activity happen at the right intervals and are conducted to the highest standards.
- Deal with any ad hoc client requirements and ensure that clients maintain the highest levels of satisfactory service.
- Follow the company's operating policies and procedures
- Maintain and record one's own continuous professional development including a close ongoing understanding of the investment markets relevant to clients; awareness of developments in the investment industry and a good understanding of relevant regulatory developments.
Ensure that all areas of wealth planning are offered to clients wherever they may be appropriate, liaising with colleagues as necessary to provide appropriate technical expertise. These will include:
- Investment advice
- Retirement planning including cash flow modelling
- Pensions advice including Safe Guarded & Defined Benefit transfers
- Tax-efficient investing
- For corporate clients, Employee Benefit solutions
- Previous experience of dealing with high net worth clients, and providing complex financial advice
- Being effective in gaining an in-depth understanding of client's needs and advising on a diverse range of wealth management solutions
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to work to deadlines while maintaining high standards
- Delivering high quality advice, maximising value for clients
- Having excellent market exposure and multi-disciplined wealth management expertise and excellent business development/cold calling skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Current or recent experience as an adviser (CF30) is also a key requirement