Financial Adviser - Wealth Management - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
Our client is an independently-owned wealth management company with a 30-year pedigree. They work in partnership with their clients, many of whom have been with them since their inception in 1986, managing nearly £3 billion of discretionary assets on their behalf.
As part of an ambitious plan to achieve significant organic growth over the next few years, our client is seeking to build a specialist wealth office adding a number of talented Advisers over the next 2 years.
Purpose of role
- Develop long term relationships with new clients, with a view of providing strategic wealth planning over their lifetimes.
- Work towards a trusted adviser status, sitting at the heart of the clients' financial affairs, managing the relationship with advisers; including trustees, custodians, lawyers and accountants.
- They believe in being specialist rather than generalist; offering a personalised service to small number of clients, understanding their needs forensically.
- Build a network of introducers in your specialism helping you to grow the number of clients and assets under management.
- Develop a business plan to ensure there is structure to your approach and the appropriate resources and support are utilised.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues to ensure a more proactive approach to deliver the client objectives.
- A rigorous approach to regulatory obligations and a continuous focus on self-development.
- Maintain trusted adviser status through your knowledge of the industry keeping pace with developments and changes.
Attitudes & behaviours
- Absolute integrity and professionalism.
- A history of building relationships in a client focused and ethical way.
- Demonstrable enthusiasm and success in business development - building a network of professional connections introducing clients requiring help.
- Positive and proactive in the approach to client engagement and on-boarding.
- Entrepreneurial 'can do' attitude whilst recognising the need for teamwork.
- Success and achievement orientated, focused on the delivery of the respective business plan.
- Commercially aware with the ability to identify opportunities for the Group.
Experience, skills & knowledge
- Specific experience of and networks in one or more of the following:
- Marriage - Divorce - Estate
- Core Protection (serious injury/clinical negligence)
- Professional Office
- International Tax and Trust
- Mergers and Acquisition
- Women Private Office
- Sports and Media
- Experienced in dealing with specialist high net worth and ultra-high net worth clients - average client worth is £4.5m (minimum is £1m)
- Success at building a high quality client bank with specialist clients and high levels of assets under management - existing bank not necessary.
- Demonstrable development of individual and professional network resulting the introductions of clients.
- Ability to work both individually and for the team.
- Great oral, written and numerical ability, enabling the explanation of complex information in simple and clear ways that are centred around the client's needs.
- Demonstrating relevant knowledge of the industry, markets and technical expertise delivering appropriate strategic advice
- Level 4 qualified and Chartered status (or working towards).
Market leading remuneration packages including base, bonus scheme and LTIPs