Financial Crime Consultant Evenings - City, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B1
At TSB, we believe businesses need to reflect the communities they serve. This is why we have a long-term commitment to diversity and inclusion.
It's important to us to make sure we bring the best talent to our business, regardless of characteristics such as race, gender, disability, sexual orientation or social background. Our focus on diversity and inclusion is a key part of how we support and develop the people who work here. It helps us build a stronger culture where no matter what background you come from you feel valued and confident in bringing your whole self to work.
Job Role: Financial Crime Consultant
Function: Financial Crime Operations
Location: Ariel House - Sheldon
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday - 15:30 - 23:30
Hello, we're TSB, and we're different from other banks.
We don't do investment banking, overseas speculation or big corporate finance. We serve individuals and local business customers - we call it "local banking".
Against a backdrop where we need to react to ever hanging Financial Crime threats and typologies, and whilst striving to also deliver an exceptional customer experience, the Financial Crime department is responsible for protecting TSB and its members from all types of financial crime, including money laundering, terrorist financing and bribery and corruption.
This role, mainly focused on anti-money laundering aspects, will require the investigation of high risk cases, using advanced detection systems and a sound understanding and application of applicable AML laws and regulations, resulting in strong recommendations and decisions being made following on from comprehensive and effective investigations having been performed.
- Demonstrates TSB behaviours whilst carrying out all aspects of role.
- Manages self to ensure adherence to TSB risk and compliance policies and relevant external regulatory frameworks.
- Contributes to the design, development and specification of new or revised processes, procedures and systems.
- Supports change in order to achieve continuous improvement.
- Supports and assists colleagues within the team providing guidance and support to less experienced team members.
- Analyses and investigates high risk customer and payment alerts, triggers and intelligence, to identify evidence or suspicions of financial crime (such as Customer and Payments screening, which also includes High Risk/Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) and Transaction Monitoring).
- Performs comprehensive investigations during which information/intelligence is gathered, analysed, assessed and corroborated and as a result of which a sound and judgment based decision is made as to the appropriate next actions depending on whether or not suspicion or evidence of money laundering and terrorist financing is identified.
- Works proactively to ensure that relevant information is considered, recorded and reported to the authorities (including Law Enforcement Agencies and other government agencies) as required.
- Performs 'first line of defense' activities and provides advice and support to the business and colleagues in a responsive and professional manner, to protect our members and TSB Bank, from the risk of being used to launder funds or finance terrorism.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers, including but not limited to Law Enforcement Agencies and other government agencies.
- Takes ownership for complex financial crime related cases, applying existing knowledge and experience, liaising with business areas and relevant authorities to achieve an appropriate outcome.
- Ensures we operate within frameworks developed to comply with regulation, legislation and other operational protocols.
- Proactively contribute improvement suggestions to both identify and reduce risks within the team and across the business.
- Proactively ensures that knowledge and understanding of AML typologies and threats remains current and reflective of industry knowledge.
- Assists and deputises for the Team Manager as and when required (may include allocating work, being a reference point, coaching and supporting less experienced partners, assisting with learning and development activities including QC).
So if this sounds right up your street, come and join our team. We make things happen!
We are TSB
We are Pioneering, Responsible, Straightforward, Collaborative and Transparent.