Financial Crime Investigations Analyst - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
Working in the City of London within a dynamic and forward- thinking Fintech - This position has come about due to business growth. You will have experience in Financial Crime, Transaction Monitoring and ideally banking or payments experience. You will take responsibility for owning financial crime across a specified client base. You will conduct transaction monitoring reviews and act on any suspected financial crime incidents. You will investigate fraud queries as well as respond to any payment escalations.
- Conduct transaction monitoring analysis to identify unusual themes and patterns.
- Manage and resolve end-to-end investigations
- Document investigation steps performed, recommend cases for review
- Assist in reviewing special financial crime risk projects
- Manage competing tasks and priorities in a manner that effectively mitigates risks.
- Provide strong technical and financial crime regulatory guidance
- Monitor and investigate fraud cases
- Handle sanctioned payment escalations from payment operations, conduct investigations and determine whether to release or report
- Assist with the development of new systems and controls
- Assist with the validation automated and manual transaction monitoring systems
- Candidates should have proven experience in transaction monitoring and financial crime
- You will ideally have experience working within electronic money, issuers and payment institutions,
- You must have a strong understanding of financial crime typologies and detection methods
- You must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Successful candidates will be comfortable raising concerns, engaging with clients and making informed decisions.
- You will have a sound knowledge of banking service and regulatory knowledge