Financial Crime Ofifcer (Investigations) - City, Manchester, United Kingdom, M1
The role is responsible for assessing, reviewing and investigating escalated referrals in realtion to Anti Money Laundering, Counter Terroist Financing, Fraud and Customer and Payment Screening.
The Client- Our client is a leading banking institution who have been growing signficiantly in recent years.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
- Work as part of the team to ensure the day to day activities and work flow are adequately prioritised to suit shifting demands
- Work independently and handle cases that require extremely high levels of discretion.
- Work to tight deadlines and often under pressure whilst maintaining a high level of quality and competency
- Act as a subject matter expert to support the Financial Crime Analysts in the assessment and investigation of financial crime alerts and referrals (suspicious activity, transaction monitoring, customer and payment screening)
- Ensure that all suspicious activity reports, sanctions, fraud or corruption concerns are fully investigated, evidenced and documented in a clear and concise manner and reported to relevant authorities in a timely manner.
- Record and update relevant, accurate and timely MI in the team work tracker (and elsewhere as needed by the Team Manager)
- Liaise with and support Branches, other financial institutions and law enforcement agencies with financial crime related queries and issues
- Assist with complex investigations, including co-ordinating incident meetings with management and relevant stakeholders to agree and implement actions to address control failures and gaps
- Where needed, support the implementation of BAU work streams in conjunction with the AML Programme and various Bank wide projects
- Contribute to the development of financial crime policies/procedures and maintain these documents from a first line of defence perspective
- Strong understanding and experience of AML, KYC, Sanctions, Fraud and banking products and the UK regulatory environment.
- Relevant specialist FC qualifications: e.g. ICA Diploma in FC/AML, ACAMs, Fraud Prevention
- Experience in 1st line and/or 2nd line FC function within a financial services environment
- Ability to apply themselves to problem solving and analysing situations, delivering practical and compliant financial crime controls/solutions
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work well under pressure with attention to detail, presenting information in a clear and concise manner