Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Senior Manager - Coleshill, Warwickshire, United Kingdom, B46 1
There has never been a better time to join The Works and be part of our #creatingsomethingspecial journey!
We are currently recruiting for a Financial Planning & Analysis ("FP&A") Senior Manager to join our Finance Team based at our support centre in Hams Hall, Coleshill.
As FP&A Senior Manageryou will be responsible for driving the following:
Purpose of the role
- Developing the FP&A team for plc
- Improvements to the provision of monthly and adhoc management information ('MI') and financial insight to the Board and Leadership team
- Lead and continually improve the planning cycle, including budgeting processes and co-ordination of the strategic plan
- Develop a strong understanding of the business model in order to analyse and influence business strategy
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with the Head of Finance, CFO and Executive team.
- Ensure that the FP&A team are a highly capable, driven finance team through training, development, support and mentoring
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Development and delivery of the budgeting and planning process; including guidance and co-ordination around key assumptions and supporting scenarios to meet the needs of key stakeholders
- Co-ordination and reporting of risk and opportunities to achievement of forecasts and budgets
- Board and investor presentations
- Provide timely, insightful interpretation, commentary and analysis of the business performance and accountable forecasts to underpin effective decision making and identify opportunities to improve profitability and cash flow
- Lead development and production of high integrity insightful MI to facilitate and support the planning and decision making processes
- To lead the development and performance of the FP&A team and coach to develop an effective succession plan.
- Head of Finance
- Chief Financial Officer
- Executive Directors and Heads of Departments
- Direct reports (x4)
- Essential: Fully qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, or CIMA)
- The successful individual will have a strong track-record delivering financial planning and commercial support within a similar sized business.
- Several years post qualification experience in industry.
We are very proud to be a Sunday Times 2019 Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for. Our mission is to offer customers a unique and enjoyable shopping experience, built on our core principles of value, variety and quality.
The Works is one of the UK's leading multi-channel specialist retailers of value gifts, arts, crafts, toys, books and stationery. We are a high street retailer that bucks the trend, constantly growing and opening new stores at an amazing rate.
We sell high-quality, great value products in four specialist categories, primarily through our network of over 500 stores in the UK & Ireland. We also have a significant and growing online presence that enables customers to shop any time of the day and an extended range of products that are not available in our stores. Our multi-channel offering, one of the first of its kind in the value retail sector, includes our popular Click & Collect service, offering further convenience for our customers.