Financial Planning and Reporting Analyst - City, Manchester, United Kingdom, M1
Reporting directly to the Finance Director of this market leading retail services business, this is an excellent opportunity for a high performing and commercially minded individual to join the team in what will be a high profile newly created role.
This organisation is the largest of its kind in the UK, with a workforce well in excess of 500, impressive profit and progression plans. As this is a newly created role it is the ideal opportunity for an experienced Analyst (incl. FP&A), Commercial Accountant or Business Partner to take your next career step, grasping responsibility of a role you can make your own.
Very strong Excel and Modelling skills are essential, with a natural flair to communicate complex financial information to a wide range of stakeholders in a simple, coherent manner. This is an opportunity that requires excellent analytical skill and commercial understanding, but also the ability to communicate findings across the business, through first class reporting and presentation.
As detailed above, this role will naturally attract high visibility across the entire business. Therefore it is expected that the role will grow, develop and lead to promotion in the foreseeable future if executed well.
- Assist in preparation of annual strategic plan, annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Work alongside local finance teams to support month end reporting, undertaking and reviewing variance analysis, and adding insights.
- Assist in preparation of weekly trading reports and flash performance forecasts.
- Timetabling, coordinating and project managing operational and finance teams input to ensure that forecasts are delivered on time and to the required standard and detail.
- Support business decision process of the company directors and operational management, and providing financial support on an ad-hoc basis.
- Continuous process improvement to improve accuracy, detail and timeliness of forecast.
- Update and maintain forecasting models to ensure that they remain fit for purpose.
- Group Planning & Reporting
- Group Finance
- Senior leadership of divisional business
- Wider Finance teams
- MI / Analyst teams
- Operational teams
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Proven Ability or Role Specific Qualifications required:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Excellent academic record.
- First class experience of budgeting, planning and forecasting, including strategic planning.
- Advanced Excel skills and financial modelling.
- Aptitude for analytical work and producing clear information for senior management.
- Communicates well with both finance and non-finance audiences.
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Self-confident and enthusiastic with good interpersonal skills.
- Some travel is expected, however this is flexible and is not expected to exceed 2 days per month.
- Car Allowance
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Other additional benefits