Financial Risk Manager - City, Cardiff, United Kingdom, CF10
Our blue chip banking client who provide market leading lending and savings products, are now looking to appoint the position of Financial Risk Manager to from part of the second line of defence risk team. Reporting to Head of Risk the primary function will be reviewing and challenging the approach in management of all financial risk undertaken by first line functions.
Further responsibilities include:
- Supporting the development of a financial risk framework linking appetite, assessments, policies and procedures.
- Providing robust risk oversight and make recommendations for improvements in 1st line of defence functions.
- Supporting the development of financial risk management policies.
- Designing the financial risk assurance plan based on risk assessments for key business areas.
- Conducting thematic reviews and lessons learned reviews into areas of financial risk.
- Supporting the overall business in any escalations when any breaches, losses and near-misses occur.
- Reporting results of reviews and other risk management actions to senior management and Risk & Conduct Committee.
- Demonstrating strong knowledge of financial risk methodologies, principles and internal controls within the Financial Services sector.
- Having technical expertise in the fields of capital, liquidity, interest rate risk management, stress testing, auditing and finance.
- The ability to produce and present quality and exacting material for senior management and risk committees to digest.
- Ability to forge mutually beneficial relationships with business unit managers.
- Strong negotiator and influencer.
- Knowledge of Basel III is required. Solvency II would be an advantage.
- A relevant financial services professional qualification (Accounting/Risk/Audit).
c£60,000 plus bonus plus fantastic defined benefit pension plus excellent benefits.
Name - Matt Cooper
Job reference: MC/21116
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.