Front Office Strat/Quant Developer - Assoc/VP level - London, United Kingdom,
British Pound . GBP -
Front Office Strat/Quant Developer - Assoc/VP level
Analytics and technology are seen as central to their business, and not as support functions. The Strats function combines expertise in quantitative analytics, modeling, pricing and risk management with deep understanding of system architecture and programming. The primary output is a scalable and flexible Front Office pricing and risk management system with consistent interface to both the Middle Office and Back Office. The consistency in analytics and the technology platform ensures that no arbitrage can exist between various parts of the Bank as well as rational allocation of constrained resources, including risk budget, balance sheet, funding, and capital.
You will be joining the Strats team to support the development and implementation of the strategic intraday and end-of-day pricing, eTrading, risk and P&L platform for the Debt businesses. This aims to integrate front office functions into a single architecture, removing duplication and operational complexity.
- Improve the automation of Risk and PnL processes and enable appropriate controls (market object, model choice, calibration choice, booking exception policy).
- Developing solutions to automate computation reserves, Independent Price Verification (IPV), aged inventory report, secured funding curves, and creation of database to support modeling and hedging algorithms.
- Implementing the new automated processes and controls either within, or through enhancements to the bank's strategic infrastructure or through Strat solutions. These new processes and controls are to be fully automated and leverage the Bank's strategic static, product, trade, market data and risk repositories.
- Working in partnership with Trading, Structuring, Technology and Operations to drive the build-out of the strategic analytics platforms.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong quantitative, modelling, pricing and risk management skills, demonstrated within a financial services environment.
- Strong computing and programming (coding) skills utilising either C++, Java or Python.
- A good understanding of both Cash and Derivative products across either Fixed Income, Rates, Credit, or FX.
- Experience of developing and maintaining banking applications with Java, Python or C++.
- Strong experience of infrastructure and database technologies including Oracle and UNIX from a development perspective.
- Relevant education such as an MSc/PhD in a relevant subject such as Finance, Maths, Physics, Computer Science, Econometrics, Statistics or Engineering.
- The ability to communicate effectively across multiple teams and functions, in addition to excellent presentational skills.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills, leadership skills and multi-cultural understanding.
- Able to multi-task different projects and prioritise against tight deadlines.