Global Information Analyst - Statistics & Analytics - London, United Kingdom,
Job Role: Global Information Analyst - Statistics & Analytics
Location: London, E1
Why do we want you?
We want you because you are an experienced Information Analyst who will bring strong technical skills to our dynamic and exciting statistics and analytics team.
With more than 50 years' experience in researching and publishing industry intelligence on insurance and employee benefits information, Axco is the definitive information source for professionals in these markets around the world.
We are a growing company with a commitment to innovation in a rapidly evolving industry and the drive to be the very best. With the help of dedicated and talented employees, our ambitions will be realized. Axco is part of Wilmington plc's Risk & Compliance Division.
The role focuses on the delivery of client projects (ongoing and ad-hoc) whilst maintaining statistical databases for over 180 countries, and furthering our own new and innovative data strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of existing databases
- Contributing to the data strategy - ensuring that the data is used efficiently, managed like an asset and delivered to our clients both as a product and service
- Preparing statistical documents covering life and non-life insurance data for over 170 countries
- Participation in client meetings/demonstrations
We always support colleagues to develop their skills but to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to tick most of these boxes...
We know it's not a skill, but the successful candidate must have permission to work in the role's location by the start of their employment.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills / experience:
- Experience in interpreting insurance financial statements, understanding of insurance financial information, such as financial statements, company accounts, and other sector data. Understanding of wider insurance business information, such as economic data, demographic data, political events etc.
- Experience in analysing insurance financial data, such as company profit and loss results, balance sheets, underwriting statements, using industry knowledge
- Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong data analysis skills
- Comfortable in dealing with large sets of data
- Knowledge of BI tools (e.g. PowerBI), data visualisation and SQL is advantageous
- Ability to work accurately and methodically
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong and clear communication skills with both internal team members, colleagues and clients
- Ability to learn quickly and work well under pressure
Both Axco and the Statistics and Analytics team are small and dynamic and we are looking for an analsyt with the following attributes who will be able to thrive within this exciting yet challenging environment.
- Self starter, team player, client centric
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Organised / Detail orientated
- High level of professionalism and willingness to demonstrate flexibility