Graduate Compliance Analyst - Investment Banking - City, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B1
This is a superb opportunity for a high calibre graduate with an exceptional academic record to join a global investment bank in a Compliance capacity. You will join the Control Room and help prevent and detect the misuse of unpublished price sensitive information through the administration and monitoring of the Bank's Information Barrier procedures. This would be a great entry level opportunity for a new / recent Law, Maths, Economics or Finance graduate from of the UK's top universities to embark upon an investment banking career.
You will be trained to become a fully fledged member of the team responsible for
- Assisting the Control Room team in supporting the bank in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and Germany
- Giving highly specialised advice and interpretation of legal, regulatory and compliance risk and surveillance requirements as they relate to information barriers, watch lists, restricted lists, wall crossings, conflicts of interest, trading, research clearance and related issues
- Maintaining the Watch and Restricted Lists
- Assisting with regulatory inquiries and interacting with regulators in relation to investigations related to information barriers/insider trading as well as assisting in the maintenance of internal policies and procedures
- Building and maintain relationships with relevant Compliance Advisory, Front Office Business, and other control function staff
- Assisting in the timely resolution of exchange, regulatory or internal investigations and enquiries
- Reviewing and update relevant policies and procedures
You will be a graduate (Law, Maths, Economics, Finance or similar) from one of the UK's best universities (ideally Top 10) with an exceptional academic record. Any previous investment banking experience (e.g. internships) would be advantageous but is not essential. You must have the ability to network and build relationships across a wide range of internal departments and will possess excellent communication skills as well as a good eye for detail.