Group Risk Consultant - City, Manchester, United Kingdom, M1
I'm currently working with a national employee benefits business who are looking to bolster their group risk team in the North West. They are looking to recruit a home based Group Risk Consultant who can look after the North of England and the Midlands.
Although clients and leads are available, the successful candidate will have a proven track record in new business and cross selling.
To be considered for this role, you must be currently operating in a similar role within another intermediary, rather than a provider.
The main purpose of the role is to win, manage, retain a portfolio of group risk clients, there will also be a key focus on client development through Group Risk cross-sales into the PMI team. You will be involved with annual renewals, two-yearly reviews and maintain regular contact with the client throughout the year dealing with any issues and concerns.
- Manage and retain a portfolio of group risk clients (death-in-service benefits, income protection and critical illness cover)
- Proactively contact clients at renewal points and to ensure that the relationship and their insurances run smoothly
- Understand the client's needs and react accordingly
- Add value to firms relationship with the client: look for improvements, challenge insurers and work for the client
- Project a credible image as a consultant: a technical specialist who can explain things clearly, accurately and convincingly
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities, both internal referrals and also external introductions
- Proactively prospect potential new clients from marketing campaigns and promotional activities as required
- Look for cross sales referrals into the healthcare team
- Contribute to the overall success of the business by developing sales opportunities