Group Risk Specialist - Associate - London, United Kingdom,
British Pound . GBP -
Group Risk Specialist - Associate
Are you an expert in quantitative risk management? Would you like a role where challenges can vary from one day to the next? If you want to test yourself in a world-leading clearing house, I want to speak to you.
You will be working in the Group Risk team, working across a range of projects. Working in the 2nd line of risk, you will have to be adaptable enough to work with diverse teams on projects from reviewing model performance to driving change and improvement in the risk management system.
- Set policy requirements and standards, and ensure they are upheld, across several risk metrics - including margin models, default funds and exposure management
- Communicating with major stakeholders, including CROs, Heads of IT, Audit, and Compliance, and external regulators.
- Reviewing model performance, and presenting your findings.
- Ensuring the clearing house is sufficiently prepared to deal with stressed markets.
- Regular reporting for Group Risk, keeping the team up to date with crucial information.
- New Product Approval - reviewing new products against the criteria that you will help to create, and assessing the market risk associated with them.
- Minimum Master's degree in a quantitative subject.
- 2 years experience in the finance industry, specifically in model design, implementation or risk management.
- Knowledge of the clearing and exchanges industry.
- Familiarity with the equities, rates or FX markets is a plus.
- Proficiency in major programming language (Python/Matlab/R).
- Ability to be proactive and work independently, managing your own projects.
- Strong communication skills and the confidence to present your work.
- Stakeholder management and conflict resolution.
To apply for this role, send CVs to