Group Tax Manager - City, Manchester, United Kingdom, M1
Not heard of us? Here's our story
Did you know that N Brown has been trading from Manchester's Northern Quarter since its start over 150 years ago? Since then, not only has the portfolio of N Brown group brands grown (I'm sure you've heard of JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo?) but we been providing the UK and the rest of the world with amazing products and customer services.
Things you should know for this managerial role:
This is a varied and fantastic opportunity for the successful individual to take ownership of this area within N Brown. You will be an instrumental part of the team across matters such as:
- Taking responsibility for all UK and Irish taxes, with emphasis on VAT and Corporation Taxes.
- Taking responsibility for the Group's governance and risk framework, including the development and maintenance of Risk Registers, Policies and Processes.
- Building working relationships and working closely with Finance and the Financial Systems teams to ensure that systems, processes and transactions are recorded in the most efficient and effective way to reduce risk and maximise reporting efficiency.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with HMRC on a constructive, proactive basis.
- Managing and developing Assistants.
- Delivering all relevant direct and indirect computations.
- SAO compliance.
- Provision of proactive, collaborative advice to internal stakeholders.
- Business partnering and building out knowledge across the business.
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Provision of disclosure information for IFRS statutory accounts
- Liaising with statutory auditors and external advisors
The fun stuff:
Not only are we offering a competitive salary of up to £75,000 with access to a fantastic bonus scheme and pension, but this opportunity is ideal for anyone looking for either full time or part-time hours or needing flexible working. You will also be entitled to loads of other great benefits such as discount across all our brands, healthcare, an impressive pension scheme, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays (as well as a holiday purchase scheme), on-site massages and health checks plus much, much more.
What we need from you for this managerial role:
- Qualified professional with extensive years PQE
- Up to date knowledge of relevant VAT and corporate laws
- Financial services and/or partial exemption background would be advantageous
- Strong experience of tax accounting for consolidated groups
- Advisory background with the proven ability to understand and interpret complex legislation and explain to non-tax colleagues
- Collaborative business partnering approach
- Proactive approach, using horizon scanning to ensure the Group are aware of forthcoming changes and their potential impacts
- Attention to detail and focus on review, process and control with emphasis on continuous improvement
- An understanding of Oracle is advantageous but not essential
In return, a manager will receive a salary of up to £75,000 per annum depending on experience, plus excellent benefits.
To apply for this managerial role, please click apply online and follow the full application process.