Head of Anti Financial Crime Quality Assurance - City, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B1
A Head of Anti Financial Crime Quality Assurance is required by a leading investment bank to enhance and develop the Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) Quality Assurance (QA) Programme, lead and implement QA changes and to manage the Programme on an on-going basis.
Key responsibilities of the roles include
- Working with key stakeholders, including the Head of AFC Testing, AFC Policy Team, functional Advisory teams and the business to develop and enhance the AFC QA activities for UK and Ireland (UKI)
- Executing the regional implementation of the global AFC QA processes, including building out new processes or approaches
- Working with global stakeholders to ensure global consistency where possible
- Creating closer working practices between the different segments of AFC and between AFC and Compliance to enable greater efficiency and consistency
- Developing strong relationships with the business and obtain buy-in ensure that identified enhancements are actioned in a timely manner
- Leading the UKI AFC QA teams and motivate team members to achieve their career aspirations whilst delivering across the Bank's priorities
- Establishing an effective governance, reporting and operating structure for the UKI QA teams
- Coordinating with Group Audit on the testing of the respective functions
- Keeping abreast of regulatory developments that could impact AFC QA activities
You will be an experienced Financial Crime professional, preferably within an Assurance or QA role, and will be an Anti-Financial Crime Subject Matter Expert. You will also ideally hold relevant AFC / AML qualifications such as the International Compliance Association Certificate in AML or AFC. You must possess strong leadership experience, ideally including building a team and developing appropriate systems and processes. You will also need excellent analytical ability and strong communication and stakeholder management skills.