Head of Collections Manager - City, Manchester, United Kingdom, M1
Head of Collections Manager
Manchester City Centre
Competitive Salary + bonus scheme + benefits
This role is working for a car finance company who believe in putting their customers' needs at the forefront.
They are looking for outstanding people with buckets full of energy, desire, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a fast-paced (and fun) entrepreneurial environment.
They are bringing the used-car market bang up to date by building modern, digital, retail processes around what the customer actually needs.
Their ultimate goal is to make buying a car as easy as buying a t-shirt on Amazon.
They have built and developed a customer-first, fully integrated digital retail experience inspired by Amazon's one-click model.
We are actively looking for a for a senior role as Head of Collections to head up a new Manchester office. The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of what makes operational delivery best in class, with the ability to exemplify best practice leadership, performance management, team motivation and coaching. Ensuring that performance outputs are in line with the department's targets will be a key requirement, as will the ability to define and build dashboards enabling stable operational delivery.
- Ensuring the development and achievement of short, medium and long-term plans of the Collections teams are fully aligned with Operational/business strategy and are cost-effective
- Responsible for continuous process improvement plans.
- Identifying and optimising income opportunities
- Develop and provide high quality credit risk related MI, insight and advice to key stakeholders to support informed decision making.
- Responsible for early identification, escalation and mitigation of emerging credit risks.
- Ensuring the alignment of employee levels in line with capacity plans across the team.
- Ensuring appropriate control on budget is maintained including resourcing, overtime and localised reward to ensure that the right balance is struck between driving improved performance and managing costs
- Creating and submitting a quarterly financial forecast for review by executive management.
- Responsible for operational delivery against the approved forecast and for managing operational budgets effectively and accurately
- Setting and reviewing organisational/productivity objectives
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff
- Extensive experience in collections within a motor finance firm
- Proven quantifiable success in leading a team of collection agents
- Knowledge of the principles and application of credit risk assessment
- Excellent written and presentational skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Decision orientated problem solver.
- Demonstrable experience of the principles of strategic management and business planning in a Services or related servicing organisation
- Experience in managing budgets and cost centres
- On a personal level, you will need to be pro-active, resilient, able to prioritise under pressure, enthusiastic, energetic and strong attention to detail.
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. If you are starting your job search and your CV isn't quite ready or indeed if this job isn't quite right for you, please contact Jessica Penrice for a confidential discussion on your career.
You can view more opportunities on the Interlink website. Please note, our advertisements use salary and experience as a guide only. Interlink Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.