Head of Compliance - City, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B1
Head of Compliance- MRT (Risk)
Full time, Permanent
Al Rayan Bank is a growing, ethical and incredibly diverse bank based in new offices in the leafy suburb of Edgbaston, a stone's throw away from central Birmingham. As part of the Masraf Al Rayan Group which is the 2nd largest bank in Qatar, we've got exciting growth plans and aim to deliver a professional, first class service to our customers.
Reporting directly to the Head of Conduct, Operational and Regulatory Risk, your role will be to provide leadership to the 2nd Line Conduct and Regulatory Risk Team encompassing Compliance. In your role you will maintain a strong knowledge of the Bank and its regulations and develop, implement and embed fit for purpose frameworks and solutions. Your role will be pivotal in being a true partner to the business to enhance risk culture, controls and the identification, reporting and remediation of risk.
In your role you will oversee through MRT responsibilities and you will deputise for the Head of Conduct, Operational and Regulatory Risk both internally and externally. You will also support both regulatory relations and management of the Senior Management Functions and Certification Regime (SMF&CR) framework.
Competencies, skills, knowledge required;
• Extensive experience in Regulatory, Conduct and Compliance, with significant experience at senior management level within a retail banking or similar regulated environment.
• Extensive experience of leading, motivating and developing people/teams.
• In depth technical knowledge and practical experience of PRA/FCA requirements and standards
• Commercial, business focussed with strong judgement and integrity
• Excellent oral and written communication, facilitation skills and ability to present confidently and to work effectively with staff and management at all levels and to engage and manage stakeholders, developing effective relationships internally and externally.
• IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel and Word
• Calm and diplomatic, with strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to display a range of influencing styles.
• Familiar with sophisticated and integrated risk management processes and tools
• Understand how to control risk and appropriate monitoring systems
• Familiar with Sharia principles and understanding of Islamic finance
Academic and/or professional qualifications
• Suitable Compliance and Regulation in Financial Services professional qualifications or significant experience and ability of operating within a Senior Compliance role.
Closing date 7th December 2018