Head of Conduct Risk (Banking) - City, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B1
A Head of Conduct Risk is required by a Commercial Bank to champion conduct risk and good customer outcomes across the bank and lead the 1st line risk owners in embedding appropriate conduct and compliance risk management practices across their area. You will also develop the strategy, implement and lead the Compliance Monitoring Plan ensuring it proportionately covers the areas of risk the Bank is exposed to.
Your main responsibilities will include
- Owning and leading the Conduct, Legislative and Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework.
- Providing assurance through a risk-based programme of compliance monitoring
- Ownership and coordination of conduct risk management activities including Chair of Conduct Risk & Compliance committee.
- Oversee and monitor horizon scanning activities within the bank, ensuring that all conduct and compliance legislative and regulatory changes are identified, with appropriate actions implemented in a timely manner
- Providing leadership, advice, guidance and support for business changes and strategic initiatives
- Looking forwards and outwards to assess emerging conduct, legislative and regulatory compliance risks and provide the business with regular updates.
- Fulfil the role of data protection officer for the Bank.
- Ownership of the Bank's training programme in respect of Compliance and Conduct Risk related issues.
- Ownership of conduct and compliance risk policies and make recommendations for required changes to ensure that the policies are aligned to the business strategy and economic environment.
You will be an experienced compliance professional with strong conduct risk (advice, monitoring and oversight) experience gained within the financial services arena. You will also ideally hold a relevant risk or compliance qualification. In addition, you will possess excellent leadership and influencing skills and be a confident, articulate communicator (both verbally and in writing).