Head of Enterprise Services Patching - London, United Kingdom,
The company is a leading financial services provider.
- Provide support, expertise and consultancy to Global Head of ES and ES sub-functions.
- Interface with relevant ES regional teams, ES sub-functions, ITID Cyber Security and ITID Heads in order to understand, manage, analyse, progress and report on ES Patch performance.
- Provide support to vulnerability initiatives on behalf of ES.
- Build strong relationships with Cybersecurity CTO, ITID Cyber Security, ITID Heads using own expertise & experience, adopting a joined up approach, to drive vulnerability mitigation at pace and with minimum conflict.
- Coordinate and deliver effective Patch Management MI to support decision making at key stakeholder meetings and functional executive committee meetings.
- Contribute to a high performance culture through close team collaboration and adoption of collective responsibility.
- Use professional knowledge to identify and champion new, innovative or improved best practice.
- Excellent understanding of one or more of the following:
- Patch Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Understanding of ITID global operating model
- Excellent numeracy and Microsoft Excel skills
- An ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences. Powerpoint skills essential.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Technical Experience across multiple platforms
- Technical Experience across key technologies including OS, Databases, Middleware, Networks, Storage, Desktop
- In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will have a track record of:
- Experience in a Patch Management role
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and negotiating skills; equal focus on verbal and written communications
- Excellent decision making and problem solving ability
- Excellent analytical skills to understand issues with Patch and Vulnerability Management
- Ability to make recommendations to senior management, based both on subjective and objective information - consulting skill
- Accustomed to working with little direction, self-starter, highly organized and able to prioritise multiple concurrent work streams and challenging deadlines