Head of Operation Risk Management - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
Seeking an experienced Head of Operational Risk to lead our clients Operational Risk Function to build upon and enhance their existing processes to help foster a positive Operational Risk culture across their businesses.
The successful candidate will already have gained significant experience in risk and control matters and who can display skill, energy, organization and enthusiasm so as to gain a rapid understanding of the operational risk and control aspects of our different business lines, and to be part of a small team implementing their risk strategy and philosophy across the organization.
• Ownership of the Operational Risk Framework and building upon the existing processes to enhance and further embed the culture and governance pertaining to operational risk within the business
• Identifying how risks are managed and appropriate policies are implemented throughout the Company. Assist the lines of business with analysis, expertise, and problem solving as well as providing oversight
• Conduct Op risk audits of key business functions and ensure that a robust operational control framework is in place to appropriately manage operational risks. Carry out risk audits in a risk-based manner across the business.
• Lead Root Cause Analyses of operational risk/loss events across the business to ensure appropriate remediation where issues or trends emerge.
• Identify, assess and report on operational risk controls and indicators in line with existing regulations and preparing for future changes.
• Capture and evaluate Emerging Risks and build on existing processes to develop and enhance our Emerging Risk models
• Work closely with the IT Department regarding IT Security / Cyber Security Risk Assessments, Business Continuity Frameworks, Data Protection, etc.• Lead and sponsor the firm ICAAP
• Join team for all regulatory meetings/SREP
• Help identify and implement best practice operational risk process
• Attend various Committee meetings and present findings on operational risk processes, providing Boards and Committees with Operational Risk reports
• Review and continuously improve the Risk Management processes/procedures including implementing themed reviews.
• Risk identification, assessment and management - including gap analysis and action plans
• Consolidate and provide analysis on key risks and collate / validate internal loss data
• Provide engagement, training & awareness sessions and on-going support
Degree or postgraduate degree
Minimum of 10 years experience in the Operational risk field
Understanding of front, middle and back office controls
Product knowledge in cash and CFD markets