Head of Operations - City, Manchester, United Kingdom, M1
Our Client is a financial services company offering Private Wealth Management, Wealth Planning and Corporate Broking services. A rare and exciting opportunity is available for a Head of Operations to join the large offices based in the centre of Manchester.
Reporting in to the CFO and sitting on the COO Leadership team the successful candidate will be have overall responsibility for leading the Operations Teams, in London and Manchester, to achieve their strategic and tactical goals.
As a key contributor to the company achieving its business objectives, the main aspects of the role is to manage and implement an effective and aligned operational servicing capability, including contributing to the development of an operational framework for the business.
- Lead the delivery of the servicing operations model (aligned with the Target Operating Model) in client and platform servicing, focusing on customer experience and service excellence
- Personally drive business improvement programmes to deliver sustainable profitable growth and year on year reductions in the expense cost base
- Lead the operations function to create and maintain a consistent approach to servicing aligned to newly defined processes, procedures and supporting infrastructure
- Manage the definition and documentation of new processes, their implementation and subsequent continuous improvement initiatives to enhance quality, customer service and business effectiveness
- Foster and facilitate team working within the Operations function and wider business, ensuring consistency of approach regarding policy, procedure, practice, working standards and planning.
- Develop and manage relationships with shared service partners e.g. HR, Legal, IT Compliance, Risk etc. to ensure delivery of value added services within agreed guidelines and service levels.
- Work with colleagues to proactively identify, develop and retain key talent, maintain succession planning, ensuring appropriate reward and recognition.
- Develop Operational MI and dashboard reporting to assess progress against targets and business objectives.
- Deputise for the COO - as and when required.
- Implement and embed the new platform, including migration of all current policies and transition of the heritage business
- Drive cultural, organisational and process change to achieve continuous improvement and operating effectiveness objectives
- Ensure that the operations teams are fully operationally compliant with all corporate and regulatory requirements e.g. FATCA, CASS, GDPR
- Creation of a scalable, compliant and corporatised Operations support business.
Candidates must offer significant experience of Wealth Management Operations with a detailed knowledge of back office systems and processes. You will have strong people management skills that can be demonstrated through previous experience of managing multiple teams in a multifaceted operation. Demonstrable evidence of developing teams and leading change is also necessary, as is a strong client service ethic, focusing on the importance of whole team delivery to end clients.