Head of Portfolio Management - Loans - London, United Kingdom,
Our client a niche property finance lender is currently looking for a Head of portfolio Management to join their growing business.
Reporting to the Chief Credit Officer, leading a team in managing a portfolio of performing and non-performing bridging and development loans;
- Management of a loan portfolio, comprising bridging and development loans of up to £5m;
- Monitoring and reporting of portfolio performance, market and competitor trends to the Board and Investment Advisory Committee;
- Driving performance of external advisory panel of valuers, monitors and lawyers to deliver to required performance standards;
- Oversight and management of a team of junior credit analysts and surveyors to deliver day to day facility monitoring;
- Coaching of junior staff, including embedding processes and driving execution against KPI's;
- Pro-active risk management and pre-emption of emerging issues within the portfolio;
- Devising strategies for non-performing loans to mitigate risks to lender, taking into consideration both individual deal dynamics and portfolio impact;
- Execution of agreed strategies including leading facility restructuring and management of insolvency processes;
- Recommendation of process enhancements based on analysis of portfolio performance trends.
- Extensive knowledge of corporate real estate finance, including origination and monitoring of development finance facilities;
- Experience of restructuring non-performing loans, ideally gained within a corporate banking or debt advisory environment;
- Strong track record of managing and driving a team to deliver results;
- Excellent relationship management skills and ability to manage conflict and distressed situations with the appropriate balance of conviction and sensitivity.