Head of Revenue & Yield - Wigan, Lancashire, United Kingdom, WN1
Shearings Holidays have an opportunity available for a Head of Revenue & Yield to join our team based in Wigan. Joining us on a full time, permanent basis, you will receive a salary of £35,000 - £40,000 per annum.
Shearings is the UK's largest escorted tour operator, offering a broad range of holidays and hotel breaks to more than 200 destinations worldwide. With over 100 years' experience, we provide an unrivalled range of expertly planned itineraries, with everything from 2-day weekend breaks to 17-day escorted tours. Winners of three 2017 British Travel Awards for Best Coach Holiday Company, Best Singles Holiday Company and Best UK Midscale Hotel Brand (for Coast & Country Hotels) Shearings prides itself on offering great value breaks with flexible travel options.
About the role:
As our Head of Revenue & Yield, you will constantly monitor demand in the Holidays market, assessing peaks and troughs, liaising closely with the commercial team to influence margin adjustments and maintain the margin management system, whilst ensuring you provide ongoing analysis of market pricing demands to help maximise revenue from our campaigns.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Head of Revenue & Yield:
- Monitor yield, identify gaps and make campaign recommendations to the commercial team to improve revenue and overall profitability.
- Carry out analysis of booking patterns and drive strategy adjustments where beneficial to the business.
- Monitor competitor performance, perform competitive benchmark studies and follow market trends, identifying key areas for improvement and action.
- Measure pricing strategies, booking trends and booking pace of variety of holiday market segments.
- Provide a weekly dynamic forecast of expected passenger, revenue and margin results, variances and budget comparisons.
- Ensure strategies are in place to address any areas of underperformance and to optimise revenues.
- Assess, analyse and price group business strategies.
- Analyse overall monthly holidays performance and make recommendations to improve long term strategies.
- Track campaigns and manage yield technologies, processes and systems.
- Support the development and maintenance of revenue management processes and tools.
- Conduct quarterly performance review and develop strategic and tactical action.
- Support the revenue budget process.
Skills, knowledge and experience required by our Head of Revenue & Yield:
- Detailed, technical and analytical - able to analyse and determine actions
- Persistent, resilient and determined
- Sound commercial awareness
- Ability to work effectively within a fast paced commercial environment
Proven track record in a similar role within the travel industry
- Comfortable with forecast concepts/methodology and RMS functionality
- Experience in inventory control of a constrained product (airline seats, hotel rooms, car parks, etc.)
- Analytical tools including Excel at an intermediate level (intermediate formulas; database knowledge)
- Technologies and distribution tools - previous history of MIS collation tools
- Communication skills (verbal & written)
- Relevant analytical experience
- Marketing, Business or Numerical Degree desirable
- Knowledge of revenue management business concepts and evaluation of market analysis processes
If you have the skills and knowledge to become our Head of Revenue & Yield, please click 'apply' now.