Implementation Manager - Banking - L&P - City, Edinburgh, United Kingdom, EH1
Implementation Manager / Readiness Manager - Banking
Life & Pensions
6 months initially
Change Management, Financial Services, Banking, Life and Pensions, Finance, Implementation Manager, Readiness Manager, implementation, readiness, go live, schedule of events, testing, MI, risks, issues, TOM, target operating model, stakeholder management, 3rd parties, third parties, MS Project
Our leading Banking client are looking for Implementation / Readiness Managers to assist in their endeavours to ensure the European Insurance businesses can continue to operate post Brexit.
Applicants with experience within Life & Pensions, and of implementing Finance projects, standing up new business or TOMs will be highly preferred.
- Working for the Programme Manager and with the various Project Managers to ensure completeness of all required Programme deliverables required to safely stand up the new business entity. This will be done in 2 phases; firstly, to prepare for model office / dry run testing and then the actual business stand up.
- Will be responsible for creation and management of tools and frameworks required to manage and prepare for go-live activities.
- Running of Schedule of Events in run up to the two go-live events.
- Required to co-ordinate various strands of activity; Finance (Day 1 reporting), TOM readiness (building, people, process) and readiness of other 3rd parties required to support new operating model.
- Working with Project Managers to ensure the Business are ready to accept change.
- Rigorous planning, MI and comm's to ensure Programme Manager and key stakeholders are suitably informed of progress, issues and risks.
- Ability to work with Project Managers to quickly address risks and issues that may prevent go-live.
- The ability to work proactively within an indirect supervision environment will also be required.
Skills & Background Required:
Demonstrable, recent experience of personally running all business readiness and implementation activities of a critical programme in the Financial Services sector.
- Ability to create tools and processes necessary to ensure project deliverables are "pulled" over the line and ready for go-live.
- Ability to work with a number of Project Managers (and project specific Business Readiness individuals) to ensure their deliverables are satisfactorily complete, working with them to resolve any issues that may prevent this.
- Running of Schedule of Events to support dry run testing and actual go-live itself.
- Provision of daily MI to Programme Manager and key stakeholders, ensuring complete transparency of progress and emerging risks / issues.
- Confidence to lead, challenge peers and senior managers constructively.