Innovation Lead Sustainable Finance - London, United Kingdom,
Innovation Lead Sustainable Finance
Innovation Lead (Sustainable Finance). This is an Interim role for 4-5 months working for a financial services public sector body in London. £NEG Daily Rate (outside IR35)
The role :
- Develop and deliver a strategy for sustainable finance :
- Technology: recognising that technology is changing the way financial services and individuals work, the strategy will identify the opportunities for new products and services to ensure that the UK is at the forefront of emerging developments, as well as responding to new challenges for society and business. It will also support the "finance for growth" agenda and consider ways of ensuring that capital reaches businesses with the highest growth potential who can add the most value to the UK economy is a key function of financial services.
- Innovation: is critical to a successful financial and professional services sector. Increasingly, investors are looking for more opportunities in Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) spheres, investing against the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), or more simply, committing capital to emerging (EMG) and frontier markets. To enable this transformation and mobilise capital at scale, an ecosystem wide approach is required. Matching supply and demand for any of ESG, SDG or EMG investing is a complex, multi-disciplinary task involving multiple stakeholders. It is though essential if London is to retain its status as a leading financial centre, maintaining relevance for global FPS firms and investors.
- Develop strong relationships with senior stakeholders in financial institutions and businesses, based in the UK and internationally
- Lead the Innovation Team with direct line management responsibility for Head of Innovation (G); Head of Technology (G); Senior Policy Adviser (F)
- An extensive knowledge of financial and professional services sector and the FPS landscape, (A)
- An extensive knowledge of UK government policy and regulations governing financial and professional services - especially those that relate to innovation and technology (A)
- An extensive knowledge of the development of innovative of innovative products and practices within financial services, in particular ESG, SDG and EMG investment activity.
- Substantial knowledge of policy issues and innovation in financial and professional services in the UK and other major global markets.
- Substantial knowledge of the Digital/Cyber sector market and developments in the public and private sector such as the Digital Single Market, Green Finance, Financial Technology and Cyber Security.