Internal Consultant / Advisory Projects - Banking (Prudential) - London, United Kingdom,
The role is working for one of the "Big Four" audit and accounting firms. The company has one of the largest professional services network in the world by revenue and number of professionals. It provides audit, tax, consulting, enterprise risk and financial advisory services with over 260,000 professionals globally.
As a part of specialist's team, you will help our clients anticipate, assess and manage the strategic implications of regulatory developments in financial services. The team achieves its goal by producing distinctive thought leadership, maintaining an early warning capability to spot emerging regulatory and supervisory issues, and by offering targeted commercial support. It works closely with regulatory specialists to assess the implications of new regulations for business models and determine how business strategies should respond. The eminence and insights led from the team drive company's market-leading capabilities and client relationships in financial services. As a part of the team, you will contribute to:
- Maintaining an overviewing of relevant developments in prudential initiatives in the UK and at EU and international levels, including through tracking new policy initiatives, identifying emerging topics and developing expertise in those topics; and developing relevant contacts with regulators, policymakers and industry;
- Leading the analysis and assessment of the strategic implications of new and emerging regulatory requirements;
- Driving forward thought leadership on the issues identified;
- Producing outputs including reports and presentations;
- Engaging with client-facing teams and directly with clients, in the UK and overseas, to leverage the analysis;
- Managing resources to deliver work to agreed deadlines;
- Ensuring the quality of outputs;
- Contributing to cross-team initiatives.
- Strong educational background.
- A strong understanding of key regulatory and supervisory initiatives in prudential regulation, recent developments, and the process by which requirements are developed and set;
- An understanding of strategic challenges and trends in the banking sector and financial services industry more generally;
- The ability to track and quickly and efficiently review a large volume of;
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the confidence to liaise and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders;
- Excellent time and workload management skills, and the ability to work flexibly under pressure;
- Exceptional presentation and business writing skills;
- The ability to independently drive and draft pieces of regulatory insight;
- High professional standards;
- Experience of managing or mentoring staff.