Investmemt Banking Division - Associate - London, United Kingdom,
British Pound . GBP -
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Investment Banking Division builds and maintains close relationships with corporations and governments around the world in order to provide both traditional and innovative solutions that meet their individual strategic and financial needs. Associates work on assignments which include various types of different transactions (M&A, capital markets) and business development projects while interacting directly with senior-level financial and strategic decision-makers at some of the world's largest corporations, as well as with smaller, emerging growth clients. An ideal candidate would have prior financial industry or investment banking experience.
• Managing and assisting in the execution of corporate finance transactions (including IPOs, M&A, and strategic advisory).
• Performing financial analysis, strategic business analysis and detailed industry research.
• Contributing to team discussions and client meetings.
• Providing rapid and accurate market judgments to colleagues and clients.
• Preparing and delivering client presentations in a clear and compelling manner.
• Acting as a mentor and role model to Analysts; promoting team culture.
• Working closely with senior bankers on the team and across other groups.
Skills required (essential)
• Top class undergraduate degree or equivalent from leading universities.
• Previous proven Investment Banking experience as an Associate.
• Fluent in English is essential.
• Strong analytical and modelling skills - these are critical to success as an Associate.
• Knowledge of basic accounting and financial concepts; ability to analyse and value businesses.
• A positive, highly motivated individual who exhibits strong leadership and management qualities.
• Strong understanding of professional ethics and regulatory environment.
• Demonstrate best in class professional integrity.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
• Strong work ethic and demonstrated commitment to excellence.
The salary of this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 04/08/2018
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talentd