Investment Analyst - City, Manchester, United Kingdom, M1
SJC Partners is currently working closely with a high profile Investment business in Manchester City Centre as they look to bolster their award winning Investment team with a highly numerate Senior Investment Analyst.
You will work as part of the Chief Investment Officer's (CIO) team, supporting the CIO, Head of Investment and Senior Investment Analyst across several areas, including:
- Detailed analysis of potential portfolio acquisitions, including the application and development of forecasting models, to support the group's investment decisions.
- Production of investment memorandums for consideration by the investment committee.
- Post-acquisition, early review and analysis of actual performance vs. forecast.
- Deal pipeline maintenance and reporting
- Performing on-site due diligence on potential investment opportunities.
- Dealing with creditors and financial institutions in the UK and Europe, to progress transactions and obtain relevant data to support the valuation.
- Working with the modelling team to ensure continuous development and enhancement of those valuation models.
The successful candidate must possess a minimum of 1.5 years experience in financial analytics with evidence of high numeracy and problem solving skills. You will have obtained a minimum 2.1 degree in a quantitative subject (Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Engineering etc.) Applications are also welcome from PhD qualified individuals. You must possess evidence of some form of coding language (R, Python, C++, SQL) and be able to write your own code as opposed to merely using a pre-built package.
This represent a unique opportunity to build a career in a front office investment function working on some of Europe's most high profile portfolio trades,