Investment Analyst - City, Manchester, United Kingdom, M1
SJC Partners is currently working closely with a high profile Investment business in Manchester City Centre as they look to bolster their award winning Investment team with a highly Quantitative Investment Analyst.
You will work as part of the Chief Investment Officer's (CIO) team, supporting the CIO, Head of Investment and Senior Investment Analyst across several areas, including:
- Performing quantitative analysis of Arrow Global's investment portfolio, including historic and potential future credit portfolio acquisitions.
- Analysing risk exposure and asset concentration within the portfolio via the application of statistical and mathematical techniques; including stress-testing and volatility analysis to assess risk tolerance and define diversification limits.
- Conducting market analysis to identify investment opportunities and support purchasing decisions.
- Performing ad hoc analysis to support investment strategy and capital allocation decision-making for the Arrow Global investment function.
- Building and developing forecasting models, to support the Group's investment decisions and working with the Arrow Global Decision Science to ensure continuous development and enhancement of those valuation models.
- Developing the process for the tracking of deal performance and risk metrics within the portfolio, using automation where appropriate to enable efficient analysis and insight.
- Involvement in the portfolio acquisition process including working on portfolio valuation, writing investment committee papers, performing due diligence and dealing with creditors and financial institutions
The successful candidate must possess a minimum of 2 years experience in financial analytics with evidence of high numeracy and problem solving skills. You will have obtained a minimum 2.1 degree in a quantitative subject (Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Engineering etc.) Applications are also welcome from PhD qualified individuals. You must possess evidence of some form of coding language (R, Python, C++, SQL) and be able to write your own code as opposed to merely using a pre-built package.
This represent a unique opportunity to build a career in a front office investment function working on some of Europe's most high profile portfolio trades,