Investment Managers Assistant - City, Edinburgh, United Kingdom, EH1
Title: Investment Manager Assistant
Reports to: Operations Manager
Hours: 9 - 5:30pm
This is a non-regulated position supporting a team of Investment Managers in aspects of looking after their clients. The primary role is in assisting with administration of portfolios and client files, handling queries from clients and liaising with the Operations department. The individual will assist in the management of private client relationships and their investment portfolios.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Deal with administration for the team and identify ways of improving efficiency.
- To assist in all aspects of opening and maintaining client accounts.
- To follow the progress of stock movement into Rock (Nominees) and follow up any problems which may arise.
- To liaise with the accounts department over cash movements and to administer payments.
- Liaising with the client to settle bargains on time (money & stock).
Setting up, closing and managing client files, ensuring all information is up to date and accurate.
- Liaison with clients, registrars, intermediaries, solicitors etc.
- Assist in the review of clients' portfolios and draft accompanying letters.
- Be involved in recommendations for switches.
- Buys and sells, as well as related Capital Gains Tax calculations.
- Assist with Probate valuations.
- To ensure that compliance regulations are adhered to.
- Following up potential new client connections and ensuring that the necessary forms are completed and fully processed.
To assist in the preparation of reports for advisory and discretionary clients as necessary subject to experience and examination.
To manage occasional special projects, such as collection of KYC information.
Educated to GCSE or equivalent level including Maths and English.
- Whilst not essential an industry recognised qualification such as an Investment Operations Certificate would be an advantage.
Experience of working in a similar environment is essential as is a general understanding of the stock market and investment techniques.
Knowledge and Skills
Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
A degree of initiative is expected in order to ensure that the best possible support is given to the team at all times.
A very high level of attention to detail and accuracy is vital.
There is often deadline driven tasks, so the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy is also essential.
As the role is supporting a number of Investment Managers, the flexibility to help them all and adapt to their particular styles of working is key, you must be a strong team player.