Investment Risk Associate - London, United Kingdom,
A leading fund of funds with $50bn AUM and offices around the globe is looking for a buy-side Risk professional to support their growing Investment Risk function.
You'll be exposed to various investment strategies with a primary focus on Private Equity, Infrastructure and Real Assets portfolios.
Main purpose of the role
Working alongside the Risk, Investment Strategy and Treasury functions, you will support the Group Investment Risk to develop and implement the framework across the business.
Your monitoring, market, credit and liquidity risk skills will be put to the test during the investment allocation and post investment monitoring processes. There will also be an initial period of automating current tools to ultimately lead to the better monitoring of the portfolios.
There will be constant exposure to senior Executives through Global risk initiatives and projects, but also regular reporting back to the Investment and Risk Committees.
Key knowledge and experience for this role
- Degree educated with a numerical discipline being a distinct advantage
- 1-3 years of Investment Risk/Quant Risk experience within a buy-side financial services environment (bonus points if you've had any exposure to Private Equity but not a prerequisite!)
- CFA/FRM/PRMIA a plus but not a prerequisite either
- You can demonstrate a clear interest in pursuing a career within investment risk
- Experience with VBA, Python, R would be a distinct advantage, SQL a plus
- Highly analytical and solutions-focused with an ability to deliver on your own initiative
- Confident communicator who can interact across all levels of seniority