Invoice Finance Team Member - Invoice Discounting and Reconciliations - City, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B1
Santander Operations have an excellent opening within our Invoice Finance Team - looking after invoice discounting and reconciliations.
This role is within a high profile team and is for a permanent position within our central Birmingham office.
The role of team member is to work as part of the invoice discounting and reconciliations team, supporting your team leader and the overall Head of Invoice Finance Services to meet service level agreements and provide outstanding customer service, to both our internal and external clients
Santander Operations Invoice Finance Services supports Santander Invoice Finance front office based colleagues with sales and client support for all invoice finance lines, and collateral control for clients with open item and bulk sales ledgers.
The invoice discounting and reconciliations team provides assistance to all Invoice Finance clients who have a bulk sales ledger funding facility (which includes clients who have an invoice discounting, inventory or participate in a syndication facility).
Team duties include:
Payment and cash processing for all Invoice Finance clients;
Daily reconciliation and journal monitoring of the overall Invoice Finance book;
Client take on calculations and agreement of opening funding position;
Client specific reconciliations to meet terms of credit sanction;
Reconciliation of data extraction systems;
Query responses for clients and Santander /Santander Operations colleagues.
The Role, Key Responsibilities and Relationships
- Cash processing, using in house systems within key timeframes
- Payment processing, using in house systems within key timeframes
- Workflow self-management - to ensure key team and Invoice Finance Services SLA's are met
- Fully use Work Manager to record workflow and self-output;
- Point of contact for internal and external Invoice Finance Services clients;
- Calculation of take on ledgers, and gain client agreement to opening funding position;
- Completion of client reconciliations, based on the terms of the client's finance agreement;
- Feedback to key stakeholders on client reconciliations;
- Reconciliation of clients data using data extraction systems;
- Completion/checking/recording/income monitoring of syndication clients;
- Completion of internal Invoice Finance Services reconciliations/journal raising and AORP ownership;
- Query support to all bulk sales ledger clients, including query resolution, and returns management;
- Support the team leader as needed with ad-hoc projects;
- Actively managing your own development, making full use of available systems and support
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required
- Able to adapt and adopt use of a range of bespoke invoice finance operating systems and processes in a short time frame
- Ability to follow set agreed processes to perform detailed analysis using multiple data sources and translate into set reconciliation processes
- Develop monthly trend analysis skills to highlighting risk and significant changes evidenced by client data
- Ability to influence within own remit to ensure inputs are received as requested
- Ability to communicate to all levels within Santander Operations, Santander and our client base to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise effectively to meet shifting deadlines without compromising the quality of output
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially excel
- A team member who
- can use their own initiative, engage and encourage team members and key stakeholders
- portrays a positive, can-do approach to each task
- is willing to work outside of own comfort zone Problem solving skills to accurately diagnose issues, consider and action potential solutions to remedy issues
- Flexible approach and able to respond quickly and decisively in a changing and challenging environment.
- Able to communicate effectively with key Santander Operations & Santander stakeholders to ensure our processes are followed with an audit trail as appropriate
- Demonstrates resilience, personal commitment and Santander values to the success of Invoice Finance Service deliverables in all interactions
- Ability to suggest enhancements and improvements to existing processes and systems in order to streamline the invoice discounting and reconciliation team process to drive team efficiencies.
- Minimum of overall "Successful Performance" ratings in last two years, including minimum "strength" behaviours ratings
- 2 years plus experience of invoice finance reconciliations, supported by good overall invoice finance knowledge
If you have the necessary skill set please do not hesitate to apply online today using the link below!