Java Developer - Capital Markets - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
Job Role- Java Developers - Capital Markets
Location- City of London/ Europe
Salary- Competitive & DOE Plus Annual Company Bonus
My Client in questions are seeking experienced Java Developers to join their Capital Markets Consulting Business (Globally). They hire developers in need of a constant challenge and who are dedicated to solving business challenges across capital markets.
Responsibilities Include :
- Develop & support Java server side components of market making, pricing, and hedging applications.
- Produce object oriented designs in Java, enhance , re-factor existing designs
- Developing and demonstrating a broad set of technology skills in Java technologies
- Translate business requirements into technical design using appropriate methodology
- Interface with various stakeholders across multiple business units understanding their requirements, and developing and/or enhancing existing solutions to meet their needs.
- Developing robust systems with an eye towards performance, supportability and maintainability.
- Strong development practices including pairing, code reviews, unit testing and regression testing.
- Must have a very good understanding of object-oriented design, programming and be able to put this knowledge into practice
- Experience creating enterprise multi-threaded systems
- Proficiency in Core Java programming
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience building system from end to end
- From a permanent or consultancy background
- Relevant banking and domain experience.
- Please note that our client is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
You will be employed directly with the consultancy on a permanent basis and then you will be asked to work on a variety of different project across leading Financial Services/ Capital Markets Tier 1 companies. Each project will vary in length and will present a new and testing environment so you will constantly be developing your skill set & experience.
Initially when you join you will be asked to sit on the "Managed bench" in our clients main London Office from 2-6 weeks, whilst your skills and experience are lined up to a current role/Project or one that is due to start.
Salaries are dependent on skill set and experience but are market leading.
Benefits include pension, healthcare, business expenses, competitive holiday, company bonus 5-10% depending on Company results, social events and much more
When working on a project and the role is due to come to an end, the back office team will already be lining up your next challenge. If there is any down time, you will go back to Managed Bench in the London office and this time can be spent on training and updating your skills which our client will fully support
The tough sell about this opportunity is that we cannot tell you what role or project you will be working on as we just don't know as of yet…….if that is a problem for you then maybe this isn't the opportunity for you.
But if you are interested in changing environment and would like new challenges regularly then this is the role for you. Not only will you get the opportunity to work with leading Financial Institutes all across the London Market and beyond , you will also have the opportunity to face new and exciting challenges and ultimately improve your experience and skill set.
If this seems like the perfect opportunity for you then please do not hesitate to apply :)