Junior Finance Analyst - Dover, Kent, United Kingdom, CT157
Migrant Help is a leading charity that has been established for over 50 years and delivers a range of support and advice services to migrants across the UK. Our vision is for a global society that protects vulnerable migrants, treats them with respect and enables them to reach their full potential.
We are currently recruiting for a Junior Finance Analyst to work in our Dover office, on a part time basis.
About the role:
The purpose of this role is to provide comprehensive, effective and efficient analytical support to the Head of Finance. The post holder will be expected to develop strong relationships with staff across all levels of our business for the purpose of delivering accurate, appropriate and timely finance analysis of weekly and monthly data reports. He/she will work consistently to ensure the continuous development of the role and ensure that the service is delivered according to procedures and processes which are accurate, professional and consistent at all times. There is a requirement that the post holder will monitor the service and react accordingly, and in a timely manner to changing needs with resultant re-prioritisation of his or her work as necessary.
• Produce weekly reports based on data provided for ongoing project work
• Analyse weekly and monthly data for accuracy and produce commentary
• Reconcile data reports to volumes and invoices produced on a monthly basis
• Produce volumes reports for internal and external personnel for further investigation
• Build relationships with the I.T Data Team and Operations Teams to gather information and for support
• Acting as a financial link with all Services and Support functions
• Keeping up to date with financial legislation and statutory requirements
• Promote equality, diversity and employee rights & obligations in all actions and activities
• Always demonstrate the behaviours required of a finance professional
• Any other ad hoc duties as deemed reasonable by the Head of Finance and/or Management Accountant
• Good general level of education, including grade C or higher at GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
• Appropriate office and business experience
• Excellent computer skills, particularly an advanced user of MS Excel and Finance applications
• Capability to collect, analyse and disseminate data for Finance reports and KPI purposes
• A demonstrable ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally, including well developed letter writing skills
• Proven ability to prioritise and work on your own initiative whilst respecting boundaries
• Ability to accurately deal with deadlines and conflicting priorities
• A passion to drive system improvement and use technology, where appropriate, to aid efficiency, analysis and customer satisfaction.
Migrant Help is committed to safeguarding those we provide a service to, applicants will have to undergo strict vetting procedures throughout different stages of the recruitment process.
- This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclousure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.
- This post is subject to a Counter Terrorism Check (CTC).
Therefore the applicant must:
- Hold a valid, full current 10 year British passport; full EU passport or have indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
- Provide full UK address history for the last five years...... click apply for full job details