Lead AML Advisory (x2) - City, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B1
2 Lead AML Advisories are required by a global investment bank to lead teams responsible for monitoring, operating and reviewing AML tasks in accordance with relevant legal and regulatory AML and CTF requirements.
Key responsibilities of the roles include
- Reviewing clients to assess financial crime risks, applying a risk-based approach
- Completing and reviewing Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Name List Screening (NLS) escalations in relation to High Risk customers
- Reviewing High Risk customers with special risk factors in accordance with local regulations and Bank policy
- Providing AML Investigation and Case Resolution support to the wider Financial Crime Investigations (FCI) Unit, preparing and submitting Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) reports to the relevant authorities
- Utilising open source intelligence, Financial Intelligence and external database searches to identify and escalate any identified sanctions, adverse media and corruption concerns
- Seeking additional information from the business and other infrastructure functions regarding concerns identified through negative news media
- Providing AML guidance to the First Line Operations and other infrastructure functions on financial crime through the course of day to day business
- Contributing to the growth and development of the AFC Advisory function by performing tasks such as Quality Assurance, Controls Assurance, Training, Process and Procedures update
- Coaching, mentoring and developing staff, including overseeing on-boarding and providing career development planning/opportunities
You will be an AML subject matter expert with substantial banking / financial services experience and will have the ability to lead team members to meet the Bank's expectations for productivity, quality and goal accomplishment. Holding relevant AML qualifications such as the International Compliance Association Certificate in AML or higher would be advantageous. You will also need excellent analytical ability and strong communication and interpersonal skills.