Lead Business Analyst - Banking - Digital - London, United Kingdom,
Lead Business Analysts - Banking - Digital
£450-540pd (various levels of seniority available, depending on experience)
Until the end of the year initially
Change Management, Financial Services, Banking, Digital, Agile, Epics, Stories, Sprints, Acceptance Criteria, Product Backlog, Stakeholder Management, Customers
Core Purpose of the Role
Our Banking client is the largest provider of digital banking products in the UK. Day after day, more and more customers are accessing their accounts using desktop and mobile with over a billion logons to our digital banking services last year. There couldn't be a better time to join them as they work to become the best bank for customers and continue to build an exciting future for their people.
Joining their Digital & Transformation team as a Business Analyst, you'll join a dynamic team working on exciting change across multi-skilled teams with different businesses throughout the UK.
As a Business Analyst you'll support the delivery of a large number of high value (£3million-£10million) change initiatives to the Internet Banking platform and the wider bank to realise our vision of being the best bank for our customers.
You'll form an integral part of a cross-functional delivery team, taking an active role in establishing and participating in Agile delivery as we transition away from the current Waterfall environment, and you will be key to ensuring we take a customer centric approach to everything.
Key accountabilities include:
- Scope and requirements elicitation; writing and elaborating Epics and Stories - Challenge business stakeholders to drive out the real business outcomes that are required to realise the customer and business propositions; not simply recording requirements
- You'll form an integral part of a cross-functional delivery team, taking an active role in establishing and participating in Agile delivery as we transition away from the current Waterfall environment, and you will be key to ensuring we take a customer centric approach to everything
- Acceptance Criteria - supporting test automation, BDD, TDD, you'll be accountable for capturing acceptance criteria that fulfil the team's definition of "Done"
- Adopting a service design mentality, responsible for ensuring a balanced and cohesive outcome encompassing customer experience design, operation design and solution design, including the identification and resolution of macro and micro design decisions
- You'll be working collaboratively with the UX, Architect, Build and QA teams in a transitional Agile/iterative environment set within a broader waterfall context
- Facilitate managing the product backlog - Work with the Product Owners, Delivery Leads, and the delivery team to ensure consistent understanding of the proposed solution and assist with elaboration, sprint planning activities etc.
- Stakeholder management - Build strong and productive working relationships with business and senior stakeholders to manage objections and approvals efficiently across the range of product, channel, legal, compliance and fraud stakeholders.
- Responsible for closing down debate on requirements scope and detail in order to keep the delivery on track
- Benefits delivery - Developing a full end to end view of the proposition and taking accountability for benefits delivery