Lead Pricing Analyst - Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom, SG6 1
We keep you mobile by sourcing a vast range of tyres from around the world, and supply our customers from our 11 UK distribution centres, using our own fleet of vehicles and drivers. Amongst UK automotive businesses, we are the 'go-to' people who strive for excellence in delivering a first class service with first class products. Our products come from a natural resource and we also offer customers recycling service after use.
Our passionate and dedicated teams of people are at the heart of everything we do. They are the key to our success.
The Sales Pricing Manager will be joining the UK's largest tyre distributor with national coverage supporting over 8,000 customers in the automotive sector. Stapleton's Tyre Services has a national team comprising of over 1,000 employees and the largest distribution network of 11 warehouses nationwide. Stapleton's Tyre Services supports the independent, dealership and national retailer sectors through supplying excellent quality products from our tyre manufacturer partners such as Bridgestone, Michelin, Pirelli and many more. Established in 1937 the company has grown from strength to strength expanding with the investment from its Japanese owner, Itochu.
The Sales Pricing Manager Role:
- Are you a talented analyst or experienced manager looking to develop individuals and build a diverse and capable team?
- Do you pride yourself on your ability to meet the needs of internal stakeholders, and ultimately, the needs of your customers?
- Do you aim to continuously learn, improve and innovate?
What you will be doing
Responsible to the Head of Corporate Planning in this unique and central role, you will have considerable influence over customer satisfaction and gross margin performance of a market-leading distributor in the automotive sector. With considerable autonomy, you will be a self-starter who enjoys exploring new ideas, putting them into practice and measuring results.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end management of company pricing and associated departmental procedures, you will likely have a strong focus on outcomes, an ability to hold yourself accountable, motivate others and be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills. You will thus be able to communicate our pricing plans with other departments and engage with them to optimise our overall strategy.
You are likely an Excel Super user, who won't shy away from the detail and will have a strong belief in Total Quality Management. You must be comfortable auditing complex spreadsheets and tracking subtle changes to them in order to ensure robustness in our pricing operations.
This is a role that WILL expand your capacity as a professional, with extensive emphasis on business strategy and market dynamics.
The Sales Pricing Managers Core Responsibilities:
- Prepare pricing strategies that are acceptable to customers, suitable for market conditions and feasible for the organisation's financial objectives
- Coach team members to tackle new tasks and develop an environment to encourage innovation
- Support the department in the timely achievement of daily, weekly and monthly routines
- Contribute to strategic business tenders to protect and grow market share
- Design and drive commercial analyses to encourage better, data-driven decision-making
- Maintain the pricing matrix, approximately 3.5m prices, ensuring all products are priced accurately in relation to market dynamics
- Engage with the Sales teams to stay informed about competitor activity and respond to market intelligence
- Operate as a bridge between departments, growing communication and driving information exchange between all teams (Purchasing, Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing), contributing to an integrated approach in serving our customers
- Regularly present & explain pricing strategies & competitor activity to a wide range of stakeholders, developing internal awareness and building sustainable relationships
- Convert data into meaningful insights, utilising strong analytical and communication skills
Benefits include performance related bonus, pension, life assurance, annual holidays increasing after service, Employee Assistance Programme, generous discount & cash back scheme with major retailers and leisure groups, plus staff discount with ETEL Group automotive companies
Our success is due to the hard work and commitment of the people within our high performing central offices and distribution network. We are seeking individuals who share our passion for exceptional customer service, in return for a career path with great benefits and development.
So please apply and join us on our journey!..... click apply for full job details