Lead Project Manager - Banking - Edinburgh - City, Edinburgh, United Kingdom, EH1
Lead Project Manager - Banking
6-12 months initially (view to extend)
Change Management, Financial Services, Banking, Property, Location Strategy, Cultural Change, Agile working, Remote working, Implementation, Project Manager, project management, planning, delivery, stakeholder engagement, budget, risk, RAID, solution design, MS Office
Our leading UK Banking client have spent the last couple of years reducing their UK office state by 30% and establishing modern workspaces across the London campus.
The next part of their strategy will look to build on this activity, modernising workspaces outside London and establishing a five-hub location strategy (spanning across 2).
This programme of work is responsible for shaping and leading the cultural change and operating models associated with the implementation of flexible and agile working practices to achieve an optimised office location strategy.
The successful candidate should demonstrate:
- Experience of working in property having managed large moves and relocation projects within a large corporate portfolio
- Knowledge and experience of implementing Agile Working culture (not to be confused to Agile Scrum methodology) and/or Remote working (Advantageous)
- Knowledge and understanding of an effective 'Change Journey', impacting colleagues and teams.
Skills & experience required:
- Team Leadership - Ability to manage consecutive multiple projects and business analyst resource.
- Project Planning - The ability to establish, control, manage and monitor project timescales, considering dependencies and recommending and/or taking appropriate action to overcome delays or cost over-runs.
- Project Management - The ability to ensure the timely and accurate completion of all project deliverables, where appropriate assessing and managing risks and issues, and identifying counter measures.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and experience of dealing with risks and impacts to wider program.
- Track record of implementation business transformation (business)
- Stakeholder management at various levels and engagement at senior level
- Experience in managing new client interest, forming and maintaining business relationships.
- Experience in fulfilling governance requirements for a wide program of work.
- Sound Knowledge and understanding of the banking sector, operations, risk and regulators
- Understand and experience of a programme/project lifecycle and the related governance such as RAIDS.
- Be able to lead on the gathering requirements and facilitating workshops as well as creating and communicating viable business solutions
- Inquisitive mind enabling investigative analysis, tending along with high degree of attention to detail
- Able to glean information from the Subject Matter Experts in a challenging and sensitive environment
- Able to work on owns initiative as well as part of a team and plan own workload and prioritise activities and completing demands
- Highly literate, strong interpersonal skills oral and written