Legal - Director - Leverage Finance Senior Counsel - London, United Kingdom,
The company is a leading financial services provider.
- Reviewing and negotiating legal terms in loan transactions from inception to completion. In particular, NDAs, marketing materials, commitment documentation, credit agreements, guarantees and legal opinions.
- Working closely with other members in the team and General Counsel's Office as appropriate.
- Identifying legal risks and opportunities presented by transactions and ensuring that the bank's policy, legal and regulatory standards are maintained.
- Liaising with other control groups within the bank, for example, Risk, Accounting Policy, Tax and Compliance.
- Management of external counsel.
- Significant experience in advising on leveraged lending transactions between banks and corporate and private equity clients.
- Familiarity with both English law and New York law loan documentation preferred.
- Leveraged finance legal expertise
- Excellent technical skills and analytical ability.
- Ability to break-up and simplify complex issues and communicate concisely and clearly.
- Ability to work in a professional but demanding environment.
- Solicitor qualified in England and Wales or equivalent from another jurisdiction.
- Typically, applicants will have at least extensive years PQE. However, exceptional candidates with the necessary skills and type of experience may be eligible to be considered for the position, regardless of their level of PQE