Loan Advisor - City, Manchester, United Kingdom, M1
An award winning, direct lender based in luxurious City Centre offices are seeking Secured Loans Advisors to join them as part of a growing team. This amazing company will support your CeMap qualification and encourage you to grow within the role.
You will assess new loan applications working within Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Treating Customer Fairly (TCF) guidelines and in line with our Customer Charter.
The Successful Loan Advisor will:
- To handle customer and broker enquiries via telephone and written correspondence.
- Consistently delivers high standards of customer service ensuring that the customer's best interests are at the heart of all processes and decisions.
- Identifies the most appropriate solution for the customer in line with company policy - undertakes a thorough fact find and capacity check to identify the most appropriate product for the customer's circumstances
- Liaises with other departments/brokers/3rd parties to share best practice and to ensure the best solution is provided to the customer.
- To complete an income and expenditure document to assess the customer's affordability for finance using effective questioning, clear communication and verification of customer understanding.
- Responsible for managing existing client data base once the finance has been agreed in principle to ensure the return of documentation.
- Record comprehensive and accurate notes on customer accounts in line with Data Protection guidelines.
- Follows company policy and mandates escalating to manager where appropriate.
- Effective use of diary management to maximise client contacts.
- Ensure all activities take place in accordance with our company value and customer charter, Data Protection principles, TCF principles and Compliance
What we look for in a Loan Advisor
- Strong team player with a positive attitude
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise daily workload whilst working accurately under pressure
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships
- Minimum of 6 months sales experience, preferably within financial services
- Up to date and working knowledge of all relevant legislation and regulation as stipulated by the FCA
- Previous 2nd Charge manual underwriting (desirable)
The successful Loan Advisor will recevie:
£24, 480 but after passing probation and gaining CeMAP will increase to £29K basic OTE £40,000+