Loan Finance and Restructuring Lawyer, Vice President - London, United Kingdom,
The company is a Bank.
- A challenging opportunity to advise on the legal and regulatory aspects of structuring and executing loan transactions (including Sovereign and quasi-Sovereign transactions) in a diverse range of jurisdictions including in Emerging Markets (especially Sub-Saharan Africa).
- The role involves critically reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of bespoke finance and other documentation including confidentiality agreements, term sheets, commitments/mandate letters, loan, inter creditor and security documents, legal opinions and memos of advice.
- You will interact and liaise with internal stakeholders (including Compliance colleagues) to ensure compliance with internal Policies and a "one stop shop service" is provided to internal clients.
- You will instruct appropriate external counsel and assist with managing such counsel in an efficient and cost effective manner in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- You will advise on Loan Market Association market standards in relation to loan products (which may include attending LMA seminars and committees).
- You will also advise on restructuring, exit, default and enforcement strategies in Western European and Emerging Markets.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in departmental projects on a various topics.
- A department, which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- You are a qualified lawyer with experience from a common law jurisdiction.
- A broad based structured lending background with significant cross border experience including in Emerging Markets and/or Africa.
- You have gained experience in a leading City law firm (or equivalent) or in-house with a leading investment bank or similar.
- You possess excellent technical skills and market knowledge.
- You have the ability to work within the dynamic of a close-knit team and to handle matters independently as appropriate.
- You are confident, have good judgment and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to distill and focus on key legal, regulatory and documentary issues and identify appropriate solutions to a range of legal and regulatory issues.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.