Loans Analyst - City, Manchester, United Kingdom, M1
Established in the UK in 2007, Santander Operations provides Operational Services to more than 14 million Santander UK customers (4.6 million 1 | 2 | 3 World customers), and 600,000 business and corporate customers. With over 3,000 employees, Santander Operations is based at over 10 UK sites supporting over 800 Santander UK branches.
We are currently recruiting a Loans analyst that will based in our Manchester offices - they would like this person to start on the 15th October 2018 and the role will initially be for 3 - 9 months
This role is an excellent opportunity to work in a busy 'middleoffice' within financial services and could well lead onto a prosperous career within the company.
The role are looking to pay £20,000 - £25,000 per annum based on experience.
To support customers and colleagues in other areas of Santander in the Loans Operation.
An Operations Officer will be expected to:
- Deal with a wide range of loan related transactions, with associated values ranging from £500 up to £25m, acting within Delegated Authorities.
- Work with Relationship Teams and customers to amend existing products and book appropriately on system, with oversight provided by Senior Operations Officer.
- Provide ongoing technical expertise to ensure existing loans are managed.
- Work to extremely tight deadlines throughout the day to ensure all payment cash-flows are achieved in advance of cut-offs.
Key competencies for the role :
- Able to understand specialist complex systems and processes..
- Familiarity with bank documentation, products, processes, controls, policies and procedures across the organisation. Knowledge of bank lending systems.
- Good excel skills
- Regular reconciliation worked required to be performed within excel as well as bespoke interest calculations and financial modelling, amongst other things.
- Ability to communicate and deal with complex queries and requests from corporate and business customers and the demands that this brings.
- Highly competent communicator both via Telephone and e-mail, with the ability to discuss complex requirements whilst simultaneously being conscious of inherent Operational Risks.
- High degree of accuracy as errors are likely to have a material impact.
- A good understanding of bank lending and the associated controls and processes.
- To include exposure to and experience of ongoing fee calculation, drawdown processing, repayment collection and the application of a range of differing types of interest rates (Libor, Fixed and Base Rate as a minimum).
- Experience of dealing in a range of foreign currencies relating to lending and understanding and mitigating the associated risks.
- The ability to demonstrate a logical and commercial thought process to problem solving.
- The ability to question/negotiate and handle potential conflict with both internal and external customers.
- Educated to degree standard preferable
Due to growth in the team there will be multiple positions between 6-12 month FTC's.
We look for are people that share our values and give them the support to be the best they can be.
If you want to work for the bank that exists to help you prosper, apply below today.