Management Accounting Team Leader - Reading, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom, RG1
Job Title: Management Accounting Team Leader
Reporting to: Head of Management Accounting
We are looking for an exceptional Management Accounting Team Leader. This is very much a hands-on role supporting and reviewing the work of a dedicated team to ensure the processing of transactions and management reporting is accurate and robust. The role will also require assisting in the integration of further acquisitions and ensuring that processes meet audit requirements.
You will be ACCA/CIMA qualified with excellent academics. You will have experience of working in a group SME environment. Whilst sector experience is not essential, candidates with time within retail financial services businesses will be favoured.
- Ensure the monthly reconciliation of key account is completed to a high standard and is robust
- Support the month end reporting process, including oversight of income recognition
- Supervise the management accounting team and their direct reports
- Oversee and manage cash flow reporting
- Ensure VAT returns are submitted on time and reconciled in the General Ledger
- Support with the year end audit process
- Co-ordinate and support the continued development of finance processes and policies
- Motivate and assist with ongoing training of the finance team to ensure that the team is fit for purpose and delivers to expected and agreed standards
- Assist with integration of acquired businesses into the group finance function
- Work with the Statutory Reporting team to ensure the group meets its statutory responsibilities
- Support the budgeting process
Experience & Core skills
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA or CIMA), with 2+ years PQE
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience of Sage - ideally Line 200
- Very hands on but with some management/supervisory experience
- Working under tight deadlines
- Have experience of working within a medium-sized company structure
- Financial services or other professional services experience is desirable
- Have a strong eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexible to meet ad hoc requests
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Drive and ability to plan, prioritise and manage workloads
- Ability to follow processes and procedures in a compliant manner
- Enthusiastic, positive and confident telephone manner with telesales and customer service skills
- Client confidentiality
- Team work.
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Place the client at the centre of all their actions.
- Are professional, well qualified experts in their field.
- Know their own strengths and focus on what they do best.
- Support each other to optimise the client's experience.
- Have high integrity.
- Are up front and fair.
- Are consistent in their positive outlook, intentions and client centric thinking.
- Understand that whilst working hard brings results, questioning the way things are done, always looking for efficiencies and striving for improvements in the way they work will bring better results longer term.
- Are supportive team players who keep the interests of the company at the forefront of everything that they do.