Market Risk Capital VP - London, United Kingdom,
British Pound . GBP -
The role holder will play a central role in delivering outcomes on a wide variety of strategic initiatives and regulatory developments, particularly Solvent Wind Down/Recovery and Resolution, Fundamental Review of the Trading Book, regulatory requests and self-assessments, and legal entity strategic change.
The position requires an expert understanding of Market Risk management fundamentals including products, trading strategies, booking models, risk data and metrics, risk and capital models/methodologies, and risk systems. Also required is a strong understanding of current and evolving Basel regulatory Market Risk and XVA Risk capital calculations and methodologies, as applied to a Tier 1 sales and trading institution. Candidates with strong a track record of experience and success in these areas are encouraged to apply.
- Lead, participate and contribute to the scoping, planning, delivery and embedding of large, complex regulatory projects (e.g. Solvent Wind Down)
- Conceptualise and develop end-to-end business requirements for strategic systems and risk/control process changes to meet evolving Market Risk and XVA Risk regulatory requirements
- Design, develop and implement tactical tools and solutions for interim requirements and ad-hoc analyses and quantitative impact studies
- Perform self-assessments of the Firm's compliance with complex evolving Market Risk and XVA Risk prudential regulation, and contribute to the development of internal policies and procedures
- Perform, and participate in, regulatory and capital analysis of new products and proposals initiated by the business units and the Firm, and provide recommendations to the business units and Risk senior management
- Deliver clear, concise and precise responses to information requests from home and host regulatory authorities
- Strong experience in related roles in a similarly complex Sales and trading institution
- Master degree or equivalent and Quantitative/analytical background required (e.g. Financial Engineering)
- Strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated experience in dealing with all levels of management and diverse academic and cultural backgrounds
- Expert understanding of Market Risk management fundamentals including products, trading strategies, booking models, risk data and metrics, risk and capital models/methodologies, and risk systems
- Strong understanding of current and evolving Basel regulatory Market Risk and XVA Risk capital calculations and methodologies
- Capability, experience and comfort in reviewing, interpreting and assessing the implications of complex (Basel) prudential regulation
- Development of detailed end-to-end business requirements for systems and process changes, against the backdrop of interconnected Risk and Front Office IT infrastructure, and an evolving business and organisational environment
- Excellent organisational and project management skills to meet challenging objectives and manage competing priorities
- Excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills, with databases and programming experience desirable
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.