Market Risk Manager - Capital Markets - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
Market Risk Manager- Capital Markets
LOCATION: Based in London
We are looking for a Risk Manager to play a role in supporting and developing effective Risk Control systems and strategies for our Brokerage Business. Based in London you will be responsible for overseeing the design, development, and maintenance of custom reports covering market, liquidity, regulatory, and credit risks. The role will report directly to the Head of Risk for the European Capital Markets Division.
Supporting and maintaining an effective Risk Management system including:
- Assessment and updating of existing risk systems and processes.
- Development and maintenance of new and existing automated monitoring solutions.
- Product analytic work to support trading and risk methodologies
- Verification of risk analytics and product pricing models and independent justification of the results.
- Ad hoc investigations/projects to ensure adequate management and calculation of Risk within local operations.
- Maintaining risk policies, desk mandates, and other reference documents in line with automated monitoring tools
Monitoring, maintaining, and managing appropriate Risk Exposures across the business
- Regular review of limits to ensure that they match the risk profile of the business.
- Supporting VaR computation and analysis for each asset class/trading book.
- Identify and investigate issues of non-compliance with limits within business units.
- Flag issues of non-compliance to the CRO
- Preparation and submission of the Risk reports required by Senior Management and the Board.
- Supporting Credit, Market, and Operational Risk teams in their daily working.
- The applicant will have at least 5 years of experience managing risk within a sell side environment
- Highly numerate with good academic record.
- Strong Market Risk knowledge with experience in developing and establishing controls and procedures.
- Strong data analysis skills required (Excel, SQL).
- Knowledge of reporting design and building (including database design, Microsoft SSRS).
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to devise innovative solutions to presented problems.
- The role requires good communication skills and the ability to develop good relationships with the trading desks. The successful applicant will also display the ability to work effectively as part of a team, with enthusiasm and initiative to drive efficiency and change where required.