New Business Analyst - Corporate banking - City, Manchester, United Kingdom, M1
New Business Analyst - Corporate Banking
My client are an established and well-known challenger bank offering a range of residential and commercial lending products.
Based across the UK they are one of the biggest commercial lenders outside of the UK clearing banks. Offering products such as ABL, Invoice Finance, Commercial Mortgages, Asset Finance and Leverage Finance.
The role of New Business Analyst:
The position is based in a Regional Business Centre reporting to the Regional MD. This role will involve supporting all new business origination and will include the writing up of credit papers with deals ranging from £500k to £25m.
You will be required to work as part of a team, reporting to the Director, to ensure all prospects are managed in accordance with the principals of the business model, company procedures and best practice ensuring accuracy and integrity of data and records as well as detecting errors and potential fraud.
The role will involve joint prospect and key business introducer ('KBI') meetings, taking notes, requesting and writing up of Credit Submissions to a high standard. The role includes updating CRM and liaising with prospects, KBI's, Underwriting and portfolio teams.
Requirements of the New Business Analyst:
- A proven track record of at least 2 - 5 years in a Financial Services (AR/ABL financing, corporate banking) or similar environment with a track record in analysing data and constructing clear and concise reports for underwriting and board level consideration
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Capable of developing strong customer focused relationships at board level and below with the clients base and maintaining relationships.
- Good written reports and oral presentation skills, capable of having robust discussions and communicating prospect situations and or amendments on an on-going basis both internally and externally until the prospect becomes a client.
- Ability to deal with high volumes of work without compromising on key details, accuracy or quality to ensure adherence to strict timelines and risk review cycles
- Good problem solving skills
- Capable of making their own recommendations to credit committee / board level
- Ability to learn new skills as the business grows enabling us to meet service standards demanded by our internal and external colleagues
- Strong analytical and financial analysis skills with respect to reviewing statutory accounts, management accounts and client forecasts/budgets and discussing/presenting theses internally as required.
- Good Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM database skills
- Self starter
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic "can do" attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy & Attention to detail
- Professional , well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer Focused approach
Responsibilities of the New Business Analsyt
- Act as a key point of contact for clients throughout the origination process to support deal origination and deal execution.
- Accompany originators on client visits as required and assist with the credit submission.
- Undertake all due diligence required for the deal including AML completion
- Undertake deal execution tasks, ensuring all searches completed, systems are updated, valuation inspections carried out and any other post sanction requirements satisfied
- Analyse statutory accounts, management accounts and prospect forecasts and budgets, presenting these internally to risk and credit committees and capable of having robust discussions with management with respect to the financial information.
- Ensuring deal forum and Credit submissions are in full and complete order, including all potential issues and mitigants.
- Liaise with lawyers with regard to deal documentation, ensuring it reflects the specifics of the deal and is signed correctly.
- Performing daily database updates as required (Ambit, CRM and Prospero) and producing monthly reports by deadlines given.
- Liaise with Portfolio Management to ensure a comprehensive and successful client take on and onboarding experience.
- Monitor and manage any performance MI required for large Asset Finance transactions, analysing trends, flagging any early warning indicators.
- Developing strong relationships with prospects at board level to further enhance the reputation in the marketplace.
- Remaining professional throughout your working hours and industry events reflecting integrity and professionalism
- Maintenance of risk by researching in details a prospect and reporting any potential issues that may provide a potential risk.
- Communicating and reporting to the RMD any procedural and compliance breaches, errors and potential frauds.
Why Should You Apply?
- A brilliant training opportunity within a range of corporate banking products
- Brilliant, private equity backed company with huge growth plans