Onboarding Analyst/Paralegal - Investment Management - London, United Kingdom,
My client, a global asset manager based in the West End, are looking for a Portfolio Onboarding Analyst to join their Global Operations Team, to assist in contract drafting and regulatory checks for the onboarding of new funds. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a similar position within the asset mangement industry, or from a Paralegal background.
- Help to ensure proper onboarding risk control measures, policies and procedures are effectively developed, documented and implemented.
- Negotiate and maintain IMAs and respective investment guidelines.
- Work with the team on the end-to-end process for manager changes; from governance approval, to signed contract receipt, to operational set up.
- Work with portfolio managers and external money managers to draft appropriate content for investment guidelines.
- Act as a liaison for internal and external legal counsel to negotiate legal documentation for trading derivative instruments.
- Work with FCM counterparties to establish derivative clearing accounts for trading derivative intruments such as listed options, listed equity futures and credit derivatives.
- Ongoing maintenance of derivative documentation, ensuring proper logging and storing of documents.
- Enforce compliance of derivative regulations.
- Management of fund/client documentation including tax forms, prospectuses and investment management agreements
Experience, knowledge and skills
- In depth understanding of asset management regulations to include MiFID II, UCITS, UMR, EMIR, Dodd-Frank and AIFMD.
- Ability to project manage
- Strong technical knowledge of contract law and contract drafting concepts
- Understanding of the asset management industry, specifically around derivatives
- Educated to degree level, preferably in Law
- 2 years experience in contract drafting within asset management or Paralegal experience
- Analytical, detail-oriented and diligent with excellent communication skills
- Ability to expolre the root cause of ongoing problems and propose lasting solutions
- Strong team player