Operational Process Manager - Chatham, Kent, United Kingdom, ME4
Our client, a market leader in the savings and mortgages industry, have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Process Manager to join their team.
As an Operations Process Manager, you will be managing the Specialist Operational activities across the Savings and Mortgages portfolios, and managing the design, implementation and maintenance of all Core Operational Management Information required across the Ops teams in UK and India.
Duties will include:
- Lead and manage the Business Operations Process Specialists (BOPS) Team, located in the UK and India (Bangalore) c6 FTE to meet the short- and long-term business needs and capabilities across the Group identifying and promoting best practices and procedures.
- Lead and manage the schedule of Business Operational events across the Groups Savings and Mortgages Portfolios, which include but not limited to; Customer Returns to HMRC, Global rate changes, Single Customer View Testing and reporting, Annual Statements Mailings, the review and management of change to the Group's Tariff(s) of Fees and Charges, mailing activity associated to the Group's Annual General Meeting and Operational business continuity planning/testing.
- Design, implement and manage an effective Operating Model & standards for the provision of MIS within the Operational teams. Oversee and manage a framework that works with Operational stakeholders to understand and assess operational MIS needs. Assess and create technical requirements and prioritise requests for solution design and development with the business MIS team.
- Implement and work within governance standards, ensuring a robust, risk based oversight framework is documented, approved and in operation across all areas of responsibilities and regularly reported on.
- Operational risks and issues identified are documented effectively, business owners assigned corrective action plans, status kept up to date and reported timely.
- Plan, co-ordinate and support with internal and external assurance & audit reviews ensuring deliverables and findings are agreed and addressed timely.
- Deputise for Line Manager as required.
- Line manage and coach all direct reports, including all aspects of performance management, development, conduct, sickness management, appraisals, employee administration and recruitment.
- Maintain the company's compliance standards and ensure timely completion of all mandatory on-line training modules and attestations.
The successful candidate will have previously held an Operational Management role within financial services. You must have leadership experience and have exposure to Operational risk.