Operational Risk & Controls Analyst - London, United Kingdom,
A leading international trading company are looking to for a Operational Risk Analyst to join the team in London.
- Facilitate and manage the risk assessments of new business activities, including but not exclusive to New Product Approvals (NPA), Non Standard Deal Approvals (NSDA) and New Commercial Activity Integration (NCAI) across Oil, Gas, Power, Emissions LNG and Derivatives trading.
- Support the business in identifying risks through incident operational risk tools (i.e. incident reporting) and liaising with the business to seek solutions and risk mitigation opportunities.
- Deep dive where required operational incidents that may have a regular occurrence or significant exposure to the business and provide to the governance structures with support of relevant functions risk mitigation proposals to prevent/minimise reoccurrence.
- Provide deep dive analysis of external industry events/incidents and assess if ETS can be exposed to those risks. If so provide proportionate and effective recommendations to mitigate the risk.
- Ensuring Key Risk Indicators are identified/implemented with the relevant businessowners that monitor identified risks of key processes and procedures and where required investigate any divergence from agreed thresholds/limits.
- Support the business if required on projects where subject matter expertise is required especially in reviewing updating or developing new procedures
- Report on a periodic basis (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual) information that informs the business on its Operational Risk profile including but not exclusive to risk dashboard, trend reports, status updates and input into bench performance reports.
- Deputise for the Operational Risk Manager ETS SPA when the need arises.
Previous experience as a Risk Analyst within a Trading/Commodities/Asset environment is essential.